Photography 9-11 years
Easter & Summer Weeks 1 & 3
Four days to expand your understanding of the technical and aesthetic possibilities of photography. Very much a “hands on” course, you will learn how to take great photographs as well as how to edit and manipulate the images on your computer!
Topics will include:
- Making the most of your camera
- Looking at the world with a fresh eye
- Marco work – close up photography
- Simple rules of composition
- How to make lighting work for you
- Portraiture – how to take great photographs of people
- Photographing buildings and landscape
- How to manipulate images
- There will be an exhibition of work at 3.50 on Thursday.
Tutors Peter Hughes and James Abelson
Peter Hughes grew up with Black & White photography and turned professional in 1990. A combination of maintaining a child like imagination and decades of technical experience in a wide range of photography, means that Peter can assist pupils in creating fantastic images from a variety of subjects.
James Abelson has over 20 year’s experience as a professional photographer, James has photographed everything from Jonathan Ross to a jam doughnut! His love affair with photography began when he was 14. His aunt bought him a “do it yourself” photo developing kit and the thrill of having a first glimpse of the finished image has never left him. James hopes to pass on his enduring passion for photography to all who choose to join this summer’s course.
Book this course
To book this course go to Online Booking form here
4 Feedback on this course »
You must be logged in to post any feedback.